About the Book
The social structure of a society and its various components are run by professional in various fields such as doctors, lawyers, business scientists, politicians, engineers and so on. The contemporary world is facing many ethical dilemmas. The idea is that professionals engaged in these professions should be able to resolve the dilemmas of ethical and unethical activities and act ethically for the happiness of the society in which they operate and live.
The main objective of the book is to suggest ways and means of promoting ethical behaviour and activities in important professions of our society. The major professions discussed include: medical, science and technology, agriculture, political and economic governance, media, Information and communication technology, environment and teaching and research. The book will be useful for academicians and professionals.
S.D. Chamola is currently working as an independent researcher based in Hisar, Haryana, India.
1. Profession and Professional Ethics
2. Principles of Medical Ethics And Issues Related to Their Implementation
3. Medical Ethical Codes, Oaths And Contemporary Concerns in Medical Ethics
4. Ethics in Medicine: Historical Perspective and Contemporary Concern
5. Biotechnology and Bioethics: Where Are We Going?
Neelam R. Yadav and Ram C. Yadav
6. Agriculture Ethics: Concept and Issues
7. Ethics in Plant Breeding
8. Organic Farming and Ethics
R.K. Nanwal, Pawan Kumar and Cleto Naoobe
9. The Concept of Good Governance: Indian Perspective
10. Governance in India: Design of New Institutional Set-Up
11. India’s Sustainable Growth Vision: Technology and Ethical Governance
12. Ethics in Journalism: Transitional Phase
13. Media Ethics and Indian Experience
14. Moral and Ethical Issues in Libraries and Information Science
15. Ethics and Ethical Codes in Library and Information Science
Bhanu Partap and Balwan Singh
16. Research Ethics in Social Sciences
17. Compatibility Between Ethics and Business: A Conceptual Discussion
18. Lies, Damned Lies and Statistics
S.D. Batra S.D. Chamola
19. Three Facets of Environmental Ethics and Philosophy